Lola Davina Radio & Podcast Participation Guidelines
Thank you so much for inviting me to be on your radio show/podcast—it’s an honor, and I’m looking forward to connecting with you and your listeners. I know there’s a lot of preparation that goes into every episode, so I want to make the best use of our time.
1. You can find out more about me here and my book here. Please check out my press kit page that offers my extended bio, choice excerpts from the book, some sample questions, and lots of images. Feel free to use any and everything on my website to promote the show!
2. When introducing me, please use this bio:
Lola Davina has spent more than 25 years in and around the sex industry, working as a stripper, dominatrix, porn actress, and escort over a fifteen-year period. She’s earned an M.A. in Human Sexuality and an M.S. in Nonprofit Fundraising, and writes a self-care and wellness column for YNOTcam.com.
3. My name is pronounced LO-la Dah-VEE-nah; she/her pronouns.
4. If you have questions prepared you’d like me to look over before the show, those are always welcome, but not necessary.
5. On the subject of ground rules—I’m quite comfortable stating if I don’t want to answer a question directly, and will simply redirect the conversation to another topic—no offense taken.
6. If we haven’t had this conversation yet, you should be aware that my mission is self-care for sex workers, which means sex workers are my primary audience. I’m delighted to answer questions for the wider public on most issues concerning the sex industry, but in service of humanizing and normalizing the people who do the actual work.
7. In general, I don’t need to hear the episode before it goes live; if I have any concerns, I’ll speak up.
8. I live on the U.S. West Coast, Pacific Standard Time. Please keep that in mind when scheduling our time together.
9. If there’s anything else you need, please let me know!
Interviewer Information Required
1. Your name, pronouns, bio, and organization info, if any (web link is fine)
2. Two or three suggested dates you would like to record
3. Your method of recording, including instructions, if needed
4. Your time zone (Helpful for me to know what time it is where you are when we chat)
5. Approximate interview length
6. A brief description of your target audience
7. Will this be live or prerecorded? Will there be pre- and/or post- show chat? (Some shows stop/start on a dime—just want to know what to expect.)
8. A rough date for when this episode will go live (within a week or so)
9. If you create your own promotional artwork, THANK YOU! Please send it along with a link before the episode goes live. Otherwise… Please send me your logo, artwork or picture, and I’ll create a meme for my advertising. The week this episode drops, I will promote it across my social media, on my website, etc.