About Thriving in Sex Work
My name is Lola Davina.
I worked in the sex industry over a fifteen-year period, as a stripper, dominatrix, porn actor, and escort. Thriving in Sex Work is the book I wished I'd had back when I was working to cope with all the ways the sex industry made me feel. I used to struggle with overwhelming feelings of fear, anger, and low self-esteem. I'd be constantly envious of co-workers and clients. I struggled in my romantic relationships, and was constantly fearful about money. I wrote this book to address those sex work-specific challenges, and so much more.
The goal of this book is to address well-being in all aspects of our lives, including feeling healthy, financially secure, at peace with ourselves, and connected to loved ones.
When I talk about thriving in sex work, I mean:
1. You love yourself; you love your life.
2. You take care of your health and have interest in physical pleasure.
3. You have time and energy for outside interests.
4. You have love in your life.
5. You have a personal support network that gets you and your decision to be a sex worker.
6. You have a professional support network.
7. Your clients provide you with the money and gratification you deserve.
8. You understand, weigh, and make conscious decisions about the risks you take.
9. You have a financial plan.
10. You choose to do sex work.
Thriving in Sex Work is not a how-to on the nuts and bolts of the biz. You won’t find advice on how to score more tips or set your rates. It’s not aimed at those thinking about getting into the biz, although if that’s where you are in your sex work career, I hope you find help just the same.
This book is written for working practitioners...
...to take care of yourself so that your body is healthy, your mind is clear, and you’re excited about your next sex work adventures.
This book is about noticing things that delight you and attracting more of them. It’s about having the courage to let go of the things that don’t work. It’s about envisioning and then realizing the true wealth that each one of us deserves: Loving our bodies and ourselves. Having enough time, enough money, and enough energy. Cultivating balance in our lives, outside interests, true community, deep connection, and an exciting future. To feel joy, and bring joy to your work.
Read selected EXCERPTS of Thriving in Sex Work here.
Sign up to get notified when Thriving in Sex Work becomes available.